Monday: 12PM - 5PM
Tuesday: 11:15AM - 1:15PM
Wednesday: 12PM - 4:45PM
Thursday: 12PM - 3PM
Friday: 12PM - 5PM
Spring Break (3/18 - 3/21)
Monday - Thursday: 9AM - 5PM
Friday: University Closed
Hours are subject to change and are updated regularly.
Background Study Fingerprinting & Photographing Services
*Please note this is not a public fingerprinting station and the service can only be provided to current University of Minnesota students and staff. University IDs will be checked prior to the service being provided.
All fingerprinting services will be delivered in drop-in appointments. In order to ensure that we have enough time to process your request, you must arrive no later than 10 minutes prior to the closing time.
Plan ahead and follow these important requirements!
- Payment must be received before the service can be provided.
- For credit/debit card payment: pay online
- Checks or money orders: accepted in person at the time of your appointment
- NO CASH will be accepted
- Bring your Fingerprinting Authorization Form (paper or electronic) to the fingerprinting station to present to the agent when you arrive.
- Bring a government-issued photo ID to your appointment to present to the agent when you arrive. The name on this ID must match the name you entered into the background study system online.
- Questions? Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
If you need an appointment outside of CHIP Student Center's drop-in hours, please locate another Gemalto-designated fingerprinting station that is convenient for you. The Gemalto website offers a list of alternate fingerprinting locations in the Twin Cities metro area.